WILLIAMSPORT – The Lycoming County commissioners approved a number of agenda items at their public meeting Thursday, including new personnel, grant applications for voting machines and child welfare service contracts. On the PULSE provides a brief list of action items and votes after each Thursday meeting.
Approve Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA) grant application. PASS 3-0
- A federal grant of $114,000 to go toward covering the cost of new voting machines for the county. The grant will not cover the entire cost of the machines.
Approve Resolution 2019- 10 Plan of Finance by the Geisinger Authority. PASS 3-0
- Geisinger is seeking to apply for tax exempt bonds of up to $1 Billion to finance equipment and software systems for the medical institution. Since the bonds are tax exempt the company must public show they will use the bonds for a valid, charitable service. No county or taxpayer funds will be obligated to pay the bonds.
Approve CDBG professional service agreements: PASS 3-0
- Between CDGB and Lycoming County for administration work – $105,540
- American Rescue Workers fiscal year 2018 – $98,519
- American Rescue Workers fiscal year 2015 – $33,066
- South Williamsport fiscal year 2018 – $93,151
- Jersey Shore fiscal year 2018 – $76,659
Approve lease agreement with Lycoming Community Care, Inc. PASS 3-0
- A symbolic lease agreement of $1 for the nursing home facility so it has the ability to secure financing agreements in the future.
Approve Bridge Loan Agreement with Armstrong Township for the Sylvan Dell Conservation Project. PASS 3-0
- Applications for bridge loans for the Sylvan Dell Conservation Project.
Approve purchase agreement with Logistic Systems, Inc. in the amount of $45,871.35 PASS 3-0
- A computer aided dispatch system that integrates 911 call info with rapid computer generated response notifications. Financed through 911 funds.
Approve HR Activity report for June. PASS 3-0
Approve TDA change PASS 3-0
- DPS Communications – reclassify Deputy Director/Communications Manager pay grades 11/12 to Communication Manager pay grades 10/11 effective 7/14/19.
Approve the following personnel actions: PASS 3-0
- Coroner – Olivia A. Forney as a part time replacement for Deputy Coroner/On call – pay grade 07 – $18.720059 per hour effective 7/28/19.
- Commissioners – Kristen L. Liddic as a reclassification to Administrative Specialist (Procurement) – pay grade 06 – $19.000166. Title change only.
- DPS Communications – Beth A. Baylor – as a promotion/full time replacement Communications Manager – pay grade 11 – $63,297.41 annually effective 7/14/19.
Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Lycoming and West Branch Drug & Alcohol Abuse Commission in the amount of $5,000 from the County Act 198 fund. PASS 3-0
- A fund to reduce DUI and drug related offenses.
Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Lycoming and West Branch Drug & Alcohol Abuse Commission in the amount of $40,000 from the County’s Act 198 fund. PASS 3-0
- A fund to reduce adult DUI and drug related offenses.
Award contract for Bread Products to Bimbo Bakeries USA, Inc. PASS 3-0
- Bread products for Lycoming County Prison. Bimbo was the only company to bid.
Approve Re-list (2) Victory 4-Door Refrigerators for sale on Municibid. PASS 3-0
- The refrigerators did not sell the first time they were listed.
Approve the following child welfare services contracts: PASS 3-0
- Merakey Pennsylvania for foster care services at per diems ranging from $29.29 day to $132.91/day for the period July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
- Woods Services, Inc. for residential care services at per diems ranging from $198.72/day to $708.72/day for the period June 1, 2019 through June 30, 2019. Woods Services, Inc. for residential care services at per diems ranging from $224.00/day to $749.00/day for the period July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
- Taylor Diversion Programs, Inc. for residential care services at the per diem of $199.00/day for the period July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
- Taylor Diversion Programs, Inc. for residential care services at the per diem of $199.00/day for the period July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
- Justice Works YouthCare Inc. for community based in-home services at hourly rates ranging from $61.00/hr. to $82.00/hr. for the period July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
- Justice Works YouthCare Inc. for community based in-home services at hourly rates ranging from $61.00/hr. to $82.00/hr. for the period July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
Approve amendment to the April 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020 Substitute Guardian Ad Litem contract with Taylor Mullholand, Esq. changing her law firm affiliation effective June 17, 2019, all other terms and conditions of the contract remain unchanged. PASS 3-0
- An amendment due to the law firm change.
Approve Criminal Justice Advisory Board Technical Assistance and Training Grant application in the amount of $1,400.00. PASS 3-0
- Annual grant funding for continued research by Lycoming College for a recidivism study of the Lycoming County Prison inmates.
Commissioners present were Rick Mirabito, Jack McKernan and Tony Mussare.
The next commissioners meeting will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 23.