The Lycoming County commissioners approved $625,000 for three of Williamsport’s low-income housing rehabilitation programs during their meeting on Tuesday morning.
The PA Housing Affordability and Rehabilitation Enhancement program is funded through natural gas impact fees, which are collected by the state and then returned to the county.
“It was a blessing to have the oil and gas industry in our backyards,” said Commissioner Tony Mussare. “These are just an example of what this has brought to Lycoming County.”
The following Williamsport programs funded are:
- Vote on Amendment to Agreement with City of Williamsport for Brodart Neighborhood Improvement Program in the amount of $200,000. 2015 PHARE funds.
- Vote on Amendment to Agreement with the City of Williamsport for Historic Properties Rehabilitation Program in the amount of $225,000. 2016 PHARE funds. This is to help both rental and owner-occupied housing rehabilitation across the city.
- Vote on Amendment to Agreement with the City of Williamsport for Park Avenue Neighborhood Rental Rehabilitation Program in the amount of $200,000. 2019 PHARE funds.
Below are the remaining action items from the commissioners’ Tuesday meeting:
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CASH REQUIREMENT
Approve accounts payable cash requirements report for invoices due through 06/23/2021 to be paid on 06/16/2021 in the amount of $693,635.31. PASS 3-0
Roxanne Grieco – Approve the following personnel action(s): PASS 3-0
- Coroner- Mary-Louise Paucke, Full-Time Replacement Deputy Coroner Paygrade 7, $18.26/Hourly. Effective 6/28/21.
- Maintenance- William S. Buck, New Position, Temporary Electrician, Paygrade 11, $35.0/Hourly. Effective 6/21/21.
- Domestic Relations- Jennifer M. Blauch, Full-Time Replacement Clerk III, Paygrade 4, $14.09/Hourly. Effective 9/5/21.
- Treasurer- Makenzie Bartlow, Part-Time Replacement Clerk I-Not to exceed 1000 hours annually, Paygrade 2, $11.05/Hourly. Effective 7/12/21.
- Treasurer-Alexis Newcomer, Part-Time Replacement Clerk I- Not to exceed 1000 hours annually, Paygrade 2, $11.05/Hourly. Effective 7/12/21.
Adoption of Ordinance 2021-02: Lycoming County Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance Text Amendments. PASS 3-0
Vote on Client Services Agreement with Integrity Health. Not 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0 (subject to final review on a few details)
- Focus on helping people stay healthy. All confidential. Like going to a med express. Does not replace your doctor. Help people change lifestyles.
Vote on MOU for Act 198 funds with West Branch Drug and Alcohol for the assessment and treatment of adult DUI and/or drug offenders in the amount of $40,000. 2021 budgeted it by the Courts. PASS 3-0
Vote on MOU for Act 198 funds with West Branch Drug and Alcohol for prevention and case management or treatment of juvenile probation clients in the amount of $10,000. 2021 budgeted it by the Courts. PASS 3-0
Acknowledge the list of Agreements approved by the Director of Administration for the month of May. 2021 budgeted items. PASS 3-0
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with Woody Williams Foundation, Inc. in the amount of $50,607.00. Act 13 Legacy Funds. PASS 3-0
- Revising the new allocation of funds for a monument to honor those who have been killed in action which was brought to the county by the Gold Star Families Fund.
Vote on Agreement with e-Plus for core network switch support renewal in the amount of $22,400.63. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
Vote on appointment of new Director for Children & Youth to Matthew Salvatori. PASS 3-0
- The previous director, Keith Wagner, retired a few weeks ago.
Vote on Improvement Guarantee Agreement with Wolf Township in the amount of $307,391.00. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
- This is for the build of the Hughesville radio tower site.
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with the City of Williamsport. PASS 3-0
- Williamsport has items on the Bald Eagle Tower and this is to keep them on the tower.
Vote on Addendum to Agreement with the City of Williamsport for police dispatch services. PASS 3-0
- This is a renewal of the agreement between the county and the city of Williamsport for emergency dispatch services.
The next Commissioners Public Meeting will be held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 22 in the Commissioner’s Briefing Room, 1st Floor, Executive Plaza, 330 Pine St. Williamsport.