The Lycoming County Commissioners approved COVID-19 vaccine education funds, personnel actions and COVID relief funds for the Hiawatha Riverboat during their meeting on Tuesday.
See the full list of action items here:
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CASH REQUIREMENT
Approve accounts payable cash requirement report in the amount of $1,472,978.84. PASS 3-0
Approve the following personnel action(s): PASS 3-0
- Maintenance- Shawn T. Smith, Full-Time Replacement, Maintenance III/Electrical, Paygrade 8, $20.01/Hourly. Effective 5/24/21.
- Pre-Release- Ashleigh L. Davis, Full-Time Replacement, Resident Supervisor, Paygrade 5, $15.37/Hourly. Effective 5/17/21.
- Planning & Community Development- Kelsey E. Green, Full-Time Replacement, Hazard Reduction Planner, Paygrade 8, $38,933.97/Salary. Effective 5/12/21.
- Public Defender- Dylan Smith, Full-Time Replacement, Paralegal, Paygrade 6, $16.76/Hourly. Effective 5/17/21.
- District Attorney- Elisabeth Frankel, Full-Time Replacement/Promotion, Juvenile Victim Witness Coordinator, Paygrade 8, $22.60/Hourly. Effective 5/16/21.
- District Attorney- Abigail Inns, Full-Time Replacement/Promotion, Adult Victim Witness Coordinator, Paygrade 7, $23.20/Hourly. Effective 5/16/21.
- Prison- Chad J. McElwee, Full-Time Replacement, Correctional Officer Relief, Paygrade CO1, $17.46/Hourly. Effective 5/17/21.
- DA- DUI Center- Kenneth Bowers, Part-Time Replacement, Special Detective, Paygrade DET, $18.34/Hourly. Not to exceed 1000 hours annually. Effective 5/17/21.
Lycoming County Policy & Procedures Manual. PASS 3-0
- Remove Policy 309- Calculation of Accrued Pooled Leave and Long Term Sick Leave. Effective immediately.
- This is a duplication.
- Update Policy 410- Promotion and Reclassification. Effective 5/1/2021.
- To address an individual who moves into a position at a lateral level would give them a percentage of the pay and then the additional when they have become qualified in the position.
Vote to approve $25,0000 for an Education Campaign tentatively reimbursed by PEMA through the Emergency Disaster Declaration for a 90 day period. PASS 3-0
- The funds will be used by the volunteer-community group Let’s End COVID for an advertising campaign which will run in a variety of media, social media and digital platforms to encourage county residents to get the COVID-19 vaccine..
Vote on Agreement with Glenn O. Hawbaker for golf cart shed milling project at White Deer Golf Course. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
Vote to award RFP for Copier Maintenance to Marco Technologies, LLC in the amount of 1. Black and White Cost Per Page Rate $0.00375 2. Color Cost Per Page Rate $0.033. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
Vote to award ITB for bread products to Bimbo Bakeries USA, Inc. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
Vote on MOU with the City of Williamsport. Recurring budgeted item each year. PASS 3-0
- Piggyback off of their price for salt for the pre-release center and prison.
Acknowledge the list of agreements approved by the Director of Administration for the month of April. PASS 3-0
- There were six agreements in April.
Vote on Agreement with Hiawatha, Inc in the amount of $100,000.
The funds will be paid from the county’s COVID-relief fund and will help the Hiawatha Riverboat overcome financial shortfalls and reopen for the 2021 season.
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with Atlas Copo Compressors, Inc. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
Vote on Air Pollution Control Act Compliance Review Form. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
- Required annual compliance document with the Department of Environmental Protection until the field is put to use by the landfill.
Vote on Amendment with Green Machine Sales, LLC. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
- An update for the labor rate for work on the Transfer station conveyer belt.
Vote on the purchase of a portable radiation detection identifier from Laurus Systems, Inc. in the amount of $14,281. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with Edward J. Rymsza, Esq. in the amount of $90,000. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
This was initially recorded as $60,000 in billable time, but the time involved in the case increased and so the total amount was amended.
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with Crossroads Counseling, Inc. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
This is an amendment to extend the turn of the agreement until June 30, 2022. There is no rate increase.
Vote on annual support and services renewal to Melillo Consulting in the amount of $23,845.03. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
This is for software and support services for data center and mobile services in the county.
5.16 Lauren Strasser- Vote on 903 County Recycling Coordinator Program Grant Application to DEP in the amount of $37,450.99. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
This grant will reimburse 50% of the grant coordinator’s salary and benefits.
Vote on Agreement with Monitronics International, Inc., d,b,a Brinks Home Security in the amount of $11,571.04. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
This will be used for the fire and burglar system at the new magistrate judge building on Lycoming Creek Road.
Vote on the purchase of (3) generators from Hunter & Lomison, Inc. in the amount of $19,096.00 each or $57,288.00 total. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
These will be used for the county’s radio tower replacement project.
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with PennCore Consulting in the amount of $17,825.00. Not a 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
This is a change to the order of one of the towers for the radio tower project on the private property which needs to be reworked due to some requirements from the landowner who does not want his farm fields disrupted by the construction.
The commissioners present at the meeting were Scott Metzger, Rick Mirabito and Tony Mussare.
The next Commissioners Public Meeting will be held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday May 18 in the Commissioner’s Briefing Room, 1st Floor, Executive Plaza, 330 Pine St., Williamsport.