The Lycoming County commissioners approved new personnel, COVID relief funds, and an extension to the COVID-19 disaster declaration. In addition, as steel prices continue to increase the county landfill is amending it’s contract for more steel baling wire not to exceed $120/carton.
Find the full list of action items here:
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CASH REQUIREMENT
Approve the following cash requirement report(s):
Approve accounts payable Cash Requirements Report in the amount of 1,955190.40. PASS 3-0
- This includes area projects such as the Muncy Township building, the Gold Star Families Memorial and the Dr. W. B. Konkle Memorial Library renovation project. The funds are taken out of Act 13 gas impact fund. Part of the funds also include pass through funds from the federal government for rental assistance programs.
SALARY BOARD ACTIONS
Approve update to the following salary schedule(s): PASS 4-0
- Information Services
- Rename the Following Positions:
- One (1) Programmer I position to a Software Specialist paygrade 7/8
- One (1) Programmer II position to a Software Analyst paygrade 9/10
- Maintenance- Creation of Deputy Director position paygrades 11/12
- RMS- Business Office- Removal of Purchasing Agent/RMS paygrade 7/8.
Approve the following personnel action(s): PASS 3-0
- Planning & Community Development- Mark L. Haas, Full-Time Replacement/Promotion, Development Services Supervisor, Paygrade 9, $42,986.70/Salary. Effective: 7/11/21.
- Courts- Janine M. Mastracco, Full-Time Replacement, Clerk III, paygrade 4, $14.09/hourly. Effective: 7/6/21.
- Domestics- Dawn Coleman, Full-time Replacement, Clerk III, paygrade 4, $14.09/hourly. Effective: 7/6/21.
- Pre-Release- Conner A. Morse, Full-Time Replacement, Resident Supervisor, paygrade 5, $15.37/hourly. Effective: 7/12/21.
- Sheriff- Adam J. Ross, Part-Time Replacement, Deputy Sheriff, paygrade PDS, $21.338194/hourly, not to exceed 1000 hours annually. Effective: 6/27/21.
Vote on update to Policy number 101- Reaffirmation of Policies Equal Employment Opportunity. PASS 3-0
Vote to extend the Coronavirus Disaster Declaration PASS 3-0
This will extend the disaster declaration until September and allows the county to continue to receive federal funds related to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to Director of Public Safety Jeffrey Hutchins.
“It doesn’t hurt us in any way,” Hutchins said. “This should be our last one.”
Vote on Agreement with John Galaznik, M.D. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
- Consultation on cases specifically related to physical abuse of infants or children.
Vote to purchase mental health first aid training manuals for Lycoming-Clinton Joinder Board in the amount of $9,030. CRBG Convenience Funds.
- This will be used to purchase new training manuals.
Vote on Amendment to Lease Agreement with ARD Operating, LLC. PASS 3-0
- May 1, 2021 to April 30, 2022. Rent will stay the same at $10/squarefoot.
8.6 Mya Toon- Vote on COVID-19 American Rescue Plan Act Local Fiscal Recovery funds grant application and award in the amount of $22,000,000. PASS 3-0
These are COVID-19 relief funds as part of the federal COVID stimulus package. The county will receive $11 million in 2021 and $11 million in 2022.
“It’s vital that we spend this money wisely and we do so efficiently and with partnerships with municipalities across the county,” said Commissioner Scott Metzger.
All of the funds must be spent by Dec. 1, 2024.
The commissioners encouraged the public to send suggestions for the best use of the funds.
Vote on the purchase of a new Ford F550 Dump Truck from Sunbury Motors Ford in the amount of $57,497.00. 2021 budget item. PASS 3-0
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with Accent Wire Tie. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
- As the cost of steel bailer wire continues to increase the Resource Management Department must amend its contract with Accent Wire Tie to not exceed $120/carton. According to the county landfill Director Jason Yorks, last year steel cost $71/carton and has now increased to $98/carton. Yorks also added that due to a low supply, the company will not allow them to purchase more than two months of steel at a time.
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with Bearing & Drive Solutions IV, Inc. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with M & M Asphalt Cooperation. PASS 3-0
- This is an extension of the project with no cost increase.
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with Monitronics International, Inc. dba Brinks Home Security in the amount of $185.37/month/$2,224.44/year. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
- This is for the security system at the new Magistrate District Judge Solomon building.
Vote on Agreement with GovPilot LLC. In the amount of $39,600.00/year. Not a 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
This is a permitting software program for the Lycoming County Planning Department.
Vote on Third Amendment to Agreement with ATC Group Services dba BCM Engineers in the amount of $11,235. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
This is for the Susquehanna Riverwalk Extension to extend the trail from Arch Street to Reach Road along the river near the Hiawatha State Park.
Vote on Subrecipient Agreement with STEP, Inc. in the amount of $55,000. PASS 3-0
- These funds will be used for rental assistance through the CDBG program. It is rental, utility and mortgage assistance.
Vote on Amendment #3 to Cooperative Agreement. PASS 3-0
- This is a time extension through November.
Vote on Amendment #4 to Cooperative Agreement. PASS 3-0
- This is a time extension through November.
Vote on allocation of $50,000 towards the Rider Park renovations. PASS 3-0
- The funds are coming from the Act 13 gas impact fees.
The next Commissioners Public Meeting will be held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday July 6 in the Commissioner’s Briefing Room, 1st Floor, Executive Plaza, 330 Pine St., Williamsport.