The commissioners approved PHARE funds for local non-profits during their Tuesday meeting. See the full list of action items here:
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CASH REQUIREMENT
Approve accounts payable cash requirements report for invoices due through 08/04/2021 to be paid on 07/28/2021 in the amount of $4,043,185.81. PASS 2-0
- The majority of this amount is debt service, grant pass-through funds and Resource Management Funds..
- According to Commissioner Rick Mirabito, just over $300,000 is from property taxes.
Approve the following personnel action(s): PASS 2-0
- Prison- Danielle T. Smith, Full-Time Replacement, Female Correctional Officer Relief, Paygrade CO1, $17.46/ hourly. Effective 8/1/2021.
- Prison- Luke Chubb, Full-Time Replacement, Correctional Officer Relief, Paygrade CO1, $17.46/ hourly. Effective 8/1/2021.
- Prison- Jennifer Gies, Full-Time Replacement, Female Correctional Officer Relief, Paygrade CO1, $17.46/ hourly. Effective 8/1/2021.
- Maintenance- Ruby Savin, Full-Time Replacement, Custodial Worker, Paygrade 2, $11.91/Hourly. Effective 8/2/2021.
- Planning & Community Development- Christopher Hodges, Full-Time Replacement/Promotion, Subdivision & Land Development Administrator, Paygrade 7, $35,642.46/Salary. Effective 8/8/2021.
BOARD OF ASSESSMENT REVISIONS
Vote on Real Estate Refund: PASS 2-0
44-315-135 – William Barto – $259.76
- House destroyed by fire
48-233-126.B – Samuel & Jane Slattery – $108.34
- A mathematical error which was corrected and changed the property acreage amount.
Vote to revise Policy 702 – Commissioners’ Meetings and Agendas. PASS 2-0
- This requires that action items be approved by county Chief Clerk Matt McDermott before being placed on the agenda. This also requires that the agenda be posted at least 24 hours before the meeting.
Vote to award 2021 PHARE grant funds in the amount of $948,000. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 2-0
- STEP Urgent Need Program: $25,000
- Habitat For Humanity Memorial Home on Scott Street: $63,000
- YWCA Liberty House: $70,000
- American Rescue Workers Rental Assistance Program: $100,000
- Transitional Living Centers: $200,000
- STEPs Homes in Need: $225,000
- Steps Supportive Housing Program: $265,000
“We’re lucky to have this money that comes out of the gas drilling fees which the state gets and then transfers over to PHARE,” Mirabito said.
Approve Agreement of Sale between Lycoming County and City of Williamsport. Tabled: 1-1
Find more information about this item here.
Commissioners Rick Mirabito and Scott Metzger were present at the meeting. Tony Mussare was absent.
The next Commissioners Public Meeting will be held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday August 3 in the Commissioner’s Briefing Room, 1st Floor, Executive Plaza, 330 Pine St.