WILLIAMSPORT – In addition to voting to reorganize the county Controller’s department, the Lycoming County commissioners approved funds for the Mansfield Police Academy, as well as upcoming work on area bridges.
See the full list of action items here:
Approve accounts payable Cash Requirements Report through April 21, 2021 for payment April 14, 2021 in the amount of $1,128,344.85. PASS 3-0
Approve the following personnel action(s): PASS 3-0
- Veteran Affairs- James M. Mitchley, Full-Time Replacement Position, Veteran Affairs Assistant, Paygrade 6, $17.44/ Hourly. Effective 4/18/21.
- District Attorney- Taylor J. Beucler, Full-Time Replacement Position, Assistant District Attorney, Paygrade ADA, $53,543.83/Salary. Effective 4/19/21.
- Budget & Finance- Brandy R. Clemens. Full-Time Replacement/Promotion, Director of Budget & Finance, Paygrade 13, $71,522.73/Salary. Effective: 4/11/21.
- Budget & Finance- Michele McDermott, Full-Time Reorganization/Change in Dept. name only, Administrative Specialist. Paygrade 6, $19.705538/Hourly. Effective 4/11/21.
- Budget & Finance- Heather M. Lehman, Full-Time Reorganization-change in title, Dept. & Distribution/job code. General Accountant Position, Paygrade 9, $47,184.77/Salary. Effective 4/11/21.
- Budget & Finance- Matthew J. Tierney, Full-Time Reorganization- change in Dept. & distribution, General Accountant Position, Paygrade 9, $42,601.69/Salary. Effective 4/11/21.
- Budget & Finance-Cynthia J. Gira, Full-Time Financial Technician, Reorganization-change in dept. & distribution, Paygrade 6, $18.322979.00/Hourly. Effective: 4/11/21.
- Soil Conservation- Mark N. Davidson, Part-Time Reclassification Soil Conservation Special Projects- paygrade 9, $20.28/Hourly, not to exceed 1000 hours annually. Change in title, job code, grade & rate. Effective: 4/18/21.
SALARY BOARD ACTIONS
Approve update to the following salary schedule(s): PASS 3-0
FISCAL SERVICES – OFFICIALLY CHANGE THE NAME OF FISCAL SERVICES TO BUDGET & FINANCE EFFECTIVE 04/11/21 PASS 4-0
BUDGET & FINANCE – CHANGE THE TITLE OF DIRECTOR OF FISCAL SERVICES – PAYGRADES 12/13 TO THE DIRECTOR OF BUDGET & FINANCE – PAYGRADES 12/13. EFFECTIVE 04/11/21 PASS 4-0
REORGANIZATION – MOVE THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS FROM CONTROLLERS OFFICE TO THE OFFICE OF BUDGET & FINANCE EFFECTIVE 04/11/21: PASS 3-1(Rogers)
- FROM 2ND DEPUTY/GENERAL ACCOUNTANT – PAYGRADES 8/9 TO BUDGET & FINANCE AS GENERAL ACCOUNTANT PAYGRADES 8/9
- FROM GENERAL ACCOUNTANT – PAYGRADES 8/9 TO BUDGET & FINANCE AS GENERAL ACCOUNTANT – PAYGRADES 8/9
- C. FROM FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN – PAYGRADES 5/6 TO BUDGET & FINANCE AS
- FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN – PAYGRADES 5/6
- D. FROM FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN – PAYGRADES 5/6 TO BUDGET & FINANCE AS
- FINANCIAL TECHNICIAN – PAYGRADES 5/6
PRISON – REMOVE ONE (1) PART-TIME LPN POSITION – PAYGRADE 6 PASS 4-0
RMS – TRANSFER STATION – CREATE ONE (1) NEW TIPPING FLOOR COORDINATOR POSITION PAYGRADES 5/6 PASS 4-0
SOIL CONSERVATION – RECLASSIFY PART-TIME CONSERVATION DISTRICT SPECIAL PROJECTS POSITION – PAYGRADE 12 @ $38.529167/HOUR (LIMITED TO 1000 HOURS ANNUALLY) TO PART-TIME SOIL CONSERVATION SPECIAL PROJECTS POSITION – PAYGRADE 9 @ $20.28 PER HOUR (LIMITED TO 1000 HOURS ANNUALLY) PASS 4-0
Vote on Grant & Monitoring Agreement with Mansfield University in the amount of $20,000. Not a 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
To support their police training and academy program which many Lycoming County police officers attend. The funds are coming from Act 13 gas impact fees.
Vote on Agreement with McCormick Law Firm 2021 budgeted item. Planning and zoning Solicitor services extend contract term. PASS 3-0
Extending the contract of Attorney Michael Wiley until March 31 of 2022.
Vote on Agreement with Chester County. 2021 budgeted item. Detention Center = $310 Shelter = $205 PASS 3-0
Contract with Chester County for juvenile detention center placement. There is no rate increase.
Vote on Agreement with Community Solutions, Inc. 2021 budgeted item. Not to exceed $71.08 per day. PASS 3-0
This is a contract renewal for multi-symptomatic therapy for youth.
Vote on Amendment to Agreement with Dinges, Dinges, & Waltz, LLC. In the amount of $40,000. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
This is for the public defender contract with the county juvenile probation office. Dinges handles all of the JPO youth cases.
Acknowledge the County will be requesting bids for (2) new transfer trailers. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
Leasing two new trailers.
Vote on Emergency purchase of Leachate processing with Altoona Water Authority in the amount of $71,096.10. PASS 3-0
The county had a significant amount of snow and rain through the winter and reached a critical level of leachate capacity of 93%. Made a contract with Altoona Water authority to handle the overflow.
Resolution approving Emergency Treatment of Leachate. PASS 3-0
Vote on the purchase of (4) aluminum box culverts in the amount of $205,345. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
Four box culverts for the bridge bundling program. Eldrid, hepburn limestone and muncy townships. Hope to start work on these bridges in June. Each bridge should take about a month.
Acknowledge the County will be requesting bids for general construction for the bridge bundling project. 2021 budgeted item. PASS 3-0
The next Commissioners Public Meeting will be held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday April 20, in the Commissioner’s Briefing Room, 1st Floor, Executive Plaza, 330 Pine St., Williamsport.