WILLIAMSPORT – The Lycoming County commissioners passed a number of personnel actions during their first official public meeting after the Thanksgiving break, including in increased pay rate for a new Adult Probation supervisor at the courthouse. On the PULSE publishes a list of county action items after each Thursday commissioners meeting.
Approve update to the TDA Report Effective 12/1/2019. PASS 2-1
- DPS – EMA – Training and Operation Coordinator pay grade 7/8 to Emergency Management Specialist- Training pay grade 7/8.
- DPS-EMA Change Energy Development Emergency Response Coordinator pay grade 8/9 to Emergency Management Specialist – Planning Pay grade 8/9.
Approve HR Activity report for the month of November 2019 PASS 2-0
Roxanne Grieco – Approve the following personnel actions: PASS 2-0
- DPS-EMA- Paula R. Young- as Full-time replacement/promotion Emergency Management Specialist/Training- Paygrade 8 – Salary of $41,929.65 Salary- Effective 12/1/19.
- Pre-Release- Riley Thomas- as Part-time replacement Resident Supervisor- Pay Grade 5- $14.14 per hour. Effective 12/8/19.
- Prison- Nathaniel E Kendall – as Full-time replacement Correctional Officer Relief- Paygrade CO1- $16.81 per hour. Effective 12/16/19.
- Prison- Trevor E Campbell- as Full-time replacement Correctional Officer Relief- Paygrade CO1- $16.81 per hour. Effective 12/8/19
- Adult Probation- Erick Fortin- as Full-time Replacement Probation Supervisor- Pay Grade 10- Salary of $70,892.25 – Effective 12/1/19. (Refer to MOU as position is being funded by County General $67,604.78 and by ACT 35 funds $3,287.47.)
SALARY BOARD ACTIONS
Approve updates to Salary Schedule. Effective 12/1/2019. PASS 2-0
- DPS / EMA – Training and Operation Coordinator pay grade 7/8 to Emergency Management Specialist- Training pay grade 7/8. PASS 3-0
- DPS / EMA Change Energy Development Emergency Response Coordinator pay grade 8/9 to Emergency Management Specialist – Planning Pay Grade 8/9. PASS 3-0
- Adult Probation – Probation Supervisor- pay grades 9/10. (Refer to MOU as position is being funded by County General $67,604.78 and by ACT 35 funds $3,287.47.). PASS 2-1
- The increase in pay scale for this position goes beyond Lycoming County’s allotted pay grade scale. Commissioners Jack McKernan and Tony Mussare said they believe it is necessary to pay more to bring in a qualified individual. In addition, the person they wanted to hire is a current employee and under the current pay scale he would have needed to take a pay cut to accept the position. “ We need to get the best person in the right position and stay within the guidelines of our own policy.” Mussare said. Controller Krista Rogers voted no because she said change should be made to the county’s entire pay scale system, instead of addresses each position issue as they come.
Approve Memorandum of Understanding- (MOU) – Mr. Fortin to be paid at the rate of $70,892.25, consisting of $67,604.78 from County Funds & $3,287.47 from Court controlled ACT 35 Funds. PASS 2-0
Approve agreement with William A. Cox, M.D., FCAP for $25,000. PASS 2-0
Agreement for Bulk Flare Purchase with Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department, Muncy Township, Lycoming County Sheriff’s Office. PASS 2-0
- This is meant to help offset costs for purchasing flare four county municipalities. A bulk flare purchase will be cheaper than individual purchases.
Enactment of Ordinance 2019-05. PASS 2-0
- Bond refunding with the Lycoming County Water Authority. – These are sewer bonds that are used for ongoing capital improvement funds. The refunding will result in over $150,000 in saving for the authority – specifically the Montoursville region.
Change Order #1 to Flood Mitigation and Demolition Project 90 Bear Trap Lane & 1182 Pleasant Stream Rd. for $6,000.00. PASS 2-0
- More funding is needed due to additional debris washing onto the property from recent flooding. The project first was started after the October 2016 flood.
Change Order #2 to Flood Mitigation Acquisition & Demolition Project 1915 Upper Bodine Rd. Amount of $2,200.00. PASS 2-0
- A new road needed to be built to access and demolish the property. The project first was started after the October 2016 flood.
Amendment to Agreement with Kourt Security Partners, LLC d/b/a Select Security.
- An extension is needed for the project because additional equipment needed to be ordered.
BOARD OF ASSESSMENT REVISIONS
Approve Real Estate Refunds: PASS 2-0
- 57-429-129.E Daniel & Linda Lapp – $270.87
- 15-002-414 Nikki Lynstrom – $90.12
Approve Real Estate Exemption: PASS 2-0
- Community Action Realty at 139 Grimesville Road, Williamsport – This will be used for classrooms. (This is the real estate arm of STEP, Inc, an area nonprofit.)
The commissioners present were McKernan and Mussare. Rick Mirabito was absent.
The next commissioner’s meeting is 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10.