WILLIAMSPORT – During a two-hour meeting to finish 2019, the Lycoming County Commissioner passed their 2020 no-tax-increase budget, appointed members to a number of county boards and authorities, and pledged $35,000 to assist with training for volunteer EMS throughout the county.
Approve Personnel Action Report: PASS 3-0
- Assessment – Cindy M. Black – Full-time replacement Clerk III – Paygrade 4 – $13.95 per hr. Effective 1/6/20
- DPS/Communications – Clinton W. Frackman – Full-time replacement Telecommunication I – WOE – Paygrade 6 – $16.59 per hr. Effective 1/6/20
- Human Resources – Roxanne M. Grieco – Promotional Full Time replacement Director of Human Resources – Salary – $90,261.59. Effective 1/12/20
- RMS – Transfer Station – Jimmy C. Bennett – Full-time Replacement Transfer Station Supervisor – Paygrade 7 – $18.08 per hr. Effective 1/6/20
- Prison – Robert Wells – Full-time replacement Correctional Officer Relief – Paygrade CO1 – $17.23 per hr. Effective 1/7/20
- Human Resources – Lauren Bower – Promotional Full Time replacement Deputy Director HR – Salary – $57,611.71. Effective 1/12/20
Approve the appointments to the following Lycoming County Boards: PASS 3-0
Library System Board – term ending Dec 31, 2022.
- Richard Mirabito
- Larry Stout
- Christine Foresman
Agriculture Land Preservation Board – term ending Dec 31, 2022.
- Paul Wentzler
- Dean Bussler
Airport Authority Board – term ending Dec 31, 2024.
- Garth Everett
- Michael Reed
- Stephen Logue
- Trisha Gibbons Marty
Industrial Development Authority Board – term ending Dec 31, 2024.
- Jason Bogle
Water and Sewer Authority Board- term ending Dec 31, 2024.
- Paul Wentzler
- Jan Ransdorf
Lycoming County Authority Board – term ending Dec 31, 2024.
- Brian Shearer
Zoning Hearing Board – term ending Dec 31, 2024.
- David Hines
- Eric Weber (Alternate)
Planning Commissioner Board – term ending Dec 31, 2023
- Linda Sosniak
- Bret Taylor
Lycoming County Conservation District – Term ending Dec. 31, 2023
- Rick Mirabito
- Paul Wentzler
- Tom Hamm
Appoint Leah M. Dawes as interim tax claims direction effective Jan. 1, 2020
- Dawes is appointed to replace current Director Tom Heal who will become the county’s next Prothonotary and clerk of courts in January.
Approve scholarship program initiative by the Lycoming County Board of Commissioners to assist Lycoming County agencies in obtaining EMS trained personnel. PASS 3-0
- The county has pledged $35,000 to help reimburse 50% of training and certification expenses for EMS volunteers. Training course expenses have increased over the past few years from $800 to over $1,000 and is attributed to much of the decrease in volunteers throughout the county. County Clerk Matthew McDermott said the county’s contribution would come from Act 13 funds.
Resolution 2019-24 (Five Year Capital Plan) PASS 3-0
- This is the guiding fiscal framework for the county for investment and project planning over the next five years.
Resolution 2019-25 (2020 Budget) PASS 3-0
- This is a no-tax-increase budget and has been on public display since Nov. 19. It reflects a revenue of $104.36 million and expenses of $118.45 million. $97, 46 million. This means there is a deficit of about $14.09 million, of which $10 million will be covered by bonds and Act 13 funds and the remaining $4.22 million, which is primarily due to an increase in the county’s health care expenses in 2020, will be covered by the county fund balance, according to Fiscal Services.
Resolution 2019-26 (Millage Rate) PASS 3-0
- This sets the county’s tax rate at 6.50 millage, with no increase from last year. Revenue from county taxes makes up about 40% of the county’s overall budget.
Resolution 2019-27 (Predetermined Ratio)
- This is set at 100% – no change.
The commissioners present were Jack McKernan, Rick Mirabito and Tony Mussare. This is McKernan’s last meeting as commissioner for the county. Commissioner-Elect Scott Metzger will take his place next year.
The next county meeting will be at 10 a.m., Tuesday, Jan. 7.