WILLIAMSPORT – The Lycoming County commissioners approved personnel, a $1 million grant for the levee and a new assistant solicitor during their Thursday meeting. On the PULSE publishes votes for action items every Thursday.
Approve the following personnel actions: PASS 3-0
- Adult Probation: David Poretta, Full-Time Replacement Adult Probation Officer, Paygrade APO $21.95/hourly. Effective 2/18/20.
- Prison: Joshua Ward, Full-Time Replacement Corrections Officer Relief, Paygrade CO1 $17.23/Hourly. Effective 2/09/20.
Approve HR Activity report for the month of January 2020. PASS 3-0
Second Amendment to Agreement with Williamsport Municipal Water Authority for the water main replacement project, extend the project term until December 31, 2020. PASS 3-0
- This is a request for a time extension for the Mosquito Valley Road water main project. Extra time is needed due to issues with regard to the bridge relocation. The extension will last until the end of 2020.
RACP Grant Agreement for the Lycoming County Levee Improvement Project. PASS 3-0
- This is an award for $1 million in state grant funds to the Susquehanna levee recertification. The grant is meant to last until January 2021 and requires that any material used is steel based and requires it to use U.S. steel of 75% or greater in that product.
Approve Resolution 2020-06-Adding new County appointed Assistant Solicitor. PASS 3-0
- Appointing Morgan Madden as assistant solicitor at the rate of $100 per hour. Effective Nov., 2019.
The commissioners present were Rick Mirabito, Scott Metzger and Tony Mussare.
The next commissioners meeting will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday Feb. 11.